Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer hat

I'm making a bucket hat for my granddaughter to wear on the beach.  The pattern books didn't have exactly the hat I wanted, so I used Pellon grid fabric to made an adjusted pattern.
















Iron on interfacing gives it extra body.  Most of the seams require grading, clipping, notching.














...and pinning...lots and lots of pinning.  The top lining is hand stitched to the crown...tiny little stitches...

















A fashion statement for 4 year old Alannah...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Ms. said...

Simply CHARMING!

BJ said...

Thank you for stopping by again :o)

This little hat took longer than I expected, but it gave me more time to think about seeing Little Miss Alannah wearing her hat on the beach.

libbyquilter said...

~!!~CUTE~!!~

:-)
libbyQ

BJ said...

Thanks, Libby :o) I have several photos of granddaughter Alannah wearing the hat on the beach. Making something special for a special someone is always...well, a special blessing for me.